Thursday, October 24, 2013

A Small Project

This is a small project I have been working on.  Got it finished and thought I would share it with y'all before I call it a day.  It is an Altoid Tin.  Inside the tin is a small tag book.  I covered it, outside and inside,  with a sheet of two sided Christmas Paper.  It is not necessarily the traditional colors of Christmas, but Christmas Paper, none the less.  I really enjoyed this project, about as well as any I've done.

The front is stamped with the words, "Jesus, the reason for the season".  Sorry to say, it did not show up well in pic, but it does in real life.

 This is the inside of the lid.  I really like the paper.
This is the bottom of the tin.  It just worked out that I got the whole deer.
This is the tag book inside.  You can also see that the inside is fully lined with the paper also.
This is the tag book opened up.

I took one of the tags out of the pocket.

This is what the inside and the tag book looks like.  That is a quarter laying in front just to give something to judge the size with.

The only thing I wish had come out a little better with this project is the stamping I done on the front.  It shows up nicely in person, but it did not photograph well.  I even liked the paper real well.  Most of the time, I am a traditionalist when it comes to Christmas colors.  Maybe I'm mellowing with age! hahaha

Anyway, that's all I have for this go around.  Hope you have enjoyed your visit.  If you have, tell a friend about what you've seen here.   The weather has been a little cooler this week.  It is beginning to have the feel of fall, y'all!

As I leave you tonight, I remind you that God loves you!  Not because of who you are, but because of who He is!   God loves you enough to want to have a right relationship with you.  The only way to be in a right relationship with God, is to know Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior.  My friends, I pray you do.  If you don't, I pray that before you close your eyes in sleep tonight you'll repent (turn around, walk away from) of your sins and ask Jesus Christ to be Lord of your life.  That is the only relationship that really matters.   Be blessed, in the name of the Lord!!!!

God bless y'all, and hugs, Patty

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks for looking at my little project and for leavin' me some love, Dorothy! hugs, Patty

      Delete
  2. This is so nice! I'm so glad you have joined in the swaps at OCT, your art and lessons of the Lord are so inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Maraline, it just took getting me out of my comfort zone, for the swaps and lessons of the Lord. I've learned that if you are going through something, someone else, either has or will, and maybe need what you have learned. So, either way, it's all about sharing what you know. hugs, Patty

      Delete