Friday, October 11, 2013

Really excited.....

I can't post pics yet of what I'm excited about, but I will share a little with you, without giving away what they look like.  I recently joined in some swaps on one of the crafting yahoo groups I belong to.  I found out a little more about what needs to be done this morning.  So, I have till the end of the month to get the three swaps ready and mailed out.

One of the swaps is a "quilt" wall hanging swap.  It can be made of any media.  So, I made a quilt from card stock.  I am so stinkin' excited about this one.  I had a ball making it, especially after one of the other swappers mentioned she was going to make one from paper and cardstock since she does not sew.

Another swap is "anything altered".  I can't say much about this one, because I don't want to let the cat out of the bag as to what I altered.  But, I do love the idea of taking something that may have ended up in the trash can and re-purposing it to a thing of beauty, or to something useful.

My third and final swap for this month is Artist Trading Cards featuring something we are grateful for.  I have never made these before, but I am quite excited about this.  They are, the best I can figure, similar to the sports type trading cards.  Art work is on the front and back, but the back will also have some info on it about the the artist and what have you.

I can't wait to post pics, but I will as soon as I possibly can.  I am just jumping up and down.

As I leave you today, I leave you with fall blessings.  I pray, that sometime soon, we will take inventory of all that we have to be thankful for.  If we look  purposefully, at everything, we will find that we have so much to be thankful for.  I am thankful for this time of year because it is the changing of the seasons.  Summer is over, fall is the transition period that gets us ready for the winter season.  I always look forward to fall because of all the pumpkins and winter squash.  And sweet potatoes!!  Sweet potato pie, y'all!!!  What is better than a sweet potato pie?  "Well, git outta here, nothing is!!!!"

Thank God for everything sweet and special in your life.  I guarantee you,all of it came from Him.  As we are taking account of everything we are thankful for, lets keep God, the Father at the very top of that list.  God bless you all today in a very special way!

hugs,  Patty

No comments:

Post a Comment