Sunday, December 15, 2013

Happy Sunday!!!

Greetings and Happy Sunday to each of y'all!  I do hope and pray that you have had a great day in the Lord!!!  It has been cold here in my neck of the woods.  I do believe it has forgotten how to warm up.  Oh well, it will warm up when it needs too, I guess.

We had a wonderful time at church this morning!  Our small church has a choir of 18 and you would have thought you was listening to a choir of 100!!!  They presented the cantata this morning, titled "Bethlehem".  Oh, that y'all could have heard it!  I know that the heavenly choir was singing right along with our choir!  It was absolutely wonderful!!!

I have had a couple of small projects going on.  Nothing big at all, but just fun.  One of my friends in an online group was sharing pics recently of a poinsettia that she had made from the Tim Holtz line of dies.  It was beautiful and I knew I wanted that die, so I found it on a great sale online on Black Friday and ordered it.  I also ordered some new white marker pens.  So, I have been playing with the poinsettia die and the white pens.  And just wanted to share.
The pic above is of the souffle pens.  You have to write slowly with them.  I do good to write, much less, write slow.  But, I do love the effect.  It is a little raised and as you can see, I used really dark cardstock and I got really great coverage.  On a couple of the book marks I also used my liquid pearls.  Love those also.
This is the cut poinsettia.  I just used plain white cardstock that I printed old newspaper ads on and then die cut them.  After I cut them, I manipulated them with my McGill flower tools, and then I inked them with green and red ink.  I used a heavy coat of glitter glue on them to get the sparkle.
Here is a poinsettia completed, one in the process, and then the mini poinsettia that I put on the cards, boxes and easels that I have been making.  Again, my pics are not really great.  But, I keep trying, really I do! ggg

I hope you enjoyed seeing a little of what I have been up to.  I hope and pray that at some point in this Season of Joy, that you will find time to celebrate the birth of the most amazing Baby ever to have been born!  His name is Jesus Christ!  His name is above all names!  He is our Savior!  His name is Wonderful!  He will never leave you!  He will never fail you!  He will stick closer than a brother!  He loves you!  God gave us the most important Gift that mankind could possibly ever imagine.  God gave this Gift to us!  You can't work for it.  You can't earn it.  You will never be good enough to deserve it!  You don't have to work for it, you don't have to earn it, you don't have to be good enough!  You just have to receive the free gift of Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior of your life.  I pray that if you haven't yet received this Gift, that you will, this Christmas.  Jesus Christ was born for you and me.  Let this be the Merriest Christmas ever, by accepting the Gift!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

God loves y'all, so do I!  hugs and be blessed, Patty

4 comments:

  1. I love your Poinsettia!!!
    Angelika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Angelika!! I appreciate your comment and coming to my blog. Hugs, Patty

      Delete
  2. You did a wonderful job with your poinsettias and bookmarks! I am always in awe of your gifts of creating beautiful things and writing to praise the Lord! Looking forward to see what you do next. Much love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Maraline for always being in my corner cheering me on! I really do appreciate that. Hugs and much love to you, Patty

      Delete