Friday, December 20, 2013

Snowman Tag

Hi, Y'all!  Back again today.  I almost forgot to show you you my Snowman Tag.   I have been working on him amid being a little under the weather.  I have a case of bronchitis.   Not the best time to have bronchitis, but then again there is no good time to be sick.

I was working on a tag for a swap and I messed the first one up, just not thinking real good.  So, I had to start over.  I used a really dark blue cardstock, more like a slate blue, with a sheen to it.  I used a cheap white ink pad and a snowflake stamp.  I stamped all around the edge of the tag.  (Note to self: I really need to get a good white ink pad.)  Anyway, I liked how it looked.  Then I used my little Snowman stamp and stamped him five times with memento black.  Then I used some markers and colored the hat and scarf on each snowman.  It doesn't show up really well, but, it's there.  I used my white souffle pen to make round dots for falling snow amid the snowmen.  I used some of my decorative threads and looped them through the hole in the top.

I also found a round scallop and just hand wrote on it and punched a hole and looped a piece of deco thread through the punched hole.  I used the same color box metallic ink to ink the edges of the scallop.  I then dug out my platinum colored liquid pearls and used it on each little scallop.  I dug around and found some tiny little clothes pins and I took a blue one and used a color box metallic platinum color and it made it almost the color of the cardstock.   The whole thing was more or less an experiment, and I was happy with it.

Well, y'all, there you have it.  I had fun making it.  I really wanted to see what it would look like with the black ink on a dark background, and I wanted to see the effect the white would have when stamping the snowflakes.  I knew they would be really light, and to be honest with you, I really like the effect.  So, I will use the same technique in the future.

Y'all, I leave you with one last word of the evening, "God loves you, so do I!"

Hugs and be blessed, y'all, in the name of the Lord, Patty

No comments:

Post a Comment