Monday, February 24, 2014

Update, Acorn Box, finally!

Good afternoon y'all!    I do hope and pray you have been having a wonderful day so far.    I am hoping that Spring will be here soon for all of us!    I know many of my long distant friends are still dealing with serious winter weather.   I keep them all in my prayers.    So, lets keep warm thoughts going for everyone still in the deep freeze!   I have been busy for the last few days and have not had time to get updated here.    It's good to be back with y'all for a few minutes.

I have a project to share with y'all.    One of my favorite things to do is 3-d projects, like boxes.    I love making boxes of all kinds.    This particular box is from the Silhouette Online Store.    I enlarged it as much as I could to get the bottom cut out of one sheet of 12x12 card stock.     So, this is a pic of my Acorn Box.    I love acorns and pine cones, so this is a part of what I made.
The above pic is of the base of the Acorn, all in one piece and simple folding and using scor tape, and in just a few minutes, the bottom part is made.
The above pic is of the top part, or the cap of the acorn, with the excess pulled away, and the main pieces still on the mat.
The above pic is both pieces made and finished with all decorative pieces on them to finish it up.   I cut several small acorns with my Sizzix Movers and Shapers acorn and leaves.    I also have a tiny die to cut the pine cone and greenery you see on the base.   The pine cones on the box is about the size of my thumb nail.
 I inked the base of the acorn with a brown ink on all of the folds.  On the cap of the acorn, I inked the all of the folds and edges of the dark brown card stock with a light gray ink.
The above pic shows the size as compared to a large bottle of glossy accents.   The acorn box is a full 7 inches tall.   It is a good size to put a lot of things in.
The above pic is a sneak peek of what I actually put in my box.    That's all I'm gonna say about that for now.   ggg    That way, you'll want to come back and see what else I have done.  

I have been busy here lately doing several different things that I can't wait to share with y'all.   I have been trying to learn new techniques and have been enjoying that.     It is really hard to get me out of my comfort zone, so when I finally do get out there, I love to take advantage of it!

As I leave you this afternoon, I leave you with a simple, but beautiful passage from the Word of God:  

John 3:16 “For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life."

A beautiful picture of mercy and grace!    I don't mind telling you, I am not perfect, and I don't know of anyone that is, other than Jesus Christ and the crowd of the day killed Him.   I can say that God knows every motive and intention of my heart.   For me, that's what matters.   

I pray that y'all have a wonderful rest of the day.    I hope that y'all find time to come back again real soon.

God Bless y'all!    hugs and much love, Patty

16 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you sooo much Betty!!!! I appreciate you looking and leaving me a comment. hugs, patty

      Delete
  2. I love it! You did a wonderful job on it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Maraline!! Thanks for the comment, too, I love that, you know! ggg Hugs, Patty

      Delete
  3. Oh how adorable is that!!!!! AWESOME job ma'am!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Penny, for checking out my Acorn! Thanks for the message too! hugs, Patty

      Delete
  4. I absolutely love your acorn box. It is just the cutest thing and you did an outstanding job decorating it. I will definitely be back to see what else you've been up too. Love it, Patty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Patsy!!! I sure hope you do come back and visit again. Thanks for the comment, too! hugs, Patty

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thank you so much Dorothy!!! I appreciate you stopping by and leaving me a comment, too! hugs, patty

      Delete
  6. Love that box. You must get that talent from me hehe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With all the trouble we got into growin' up, I'm surprised either one of had any talent! It's a wonder we didn't get the talent beat out of us. hahaha Thanks for leaving me a comment. Love you!

      Delete
  7. Great box. I love the pinecone you added.
    Hope Spring gets here soon too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jani! I am sure Spring is on it's way, it's just running into a few road blocks getting here. ggg hugs, Patty

      Delete
  8. I love your box ART, Patty ... those pine cones just call out to me.
    You go girl! Diann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Diann. I enjoy acorns and pine cones too. Thanks for visiting. Hugs, Patty

      Delete