Friday, March 21, 2014

Sympathy Card and Calendar says "Spring"!

Yay!!!   The calendar says Spring has sprung!    Well, has it, or is it just pullin' our leg?    The sun is shining beautifully right now, but is it just deceiving us?    I, for one don't know.   But, I have heard that we are in for at least one more round of mixed precipitation.    It is always a "hurry up and wait" situation.    But, for right now, I'll take the sunshine and be ,"happy, happy, happy"!

I wanted to share a sympathy card I made for a dear friend who is grieving the loss of a family member.   I love making cards, but, sometimes I don't enjoy the reason I make them.    As is the case for this one.   I loved making it, just not the reason for which I made it.

I bought a cheaper set of alcohol markers just to start learning how to use them.   I had watched several videos.    I only have 24 diff colors, so, as you can see, I really don't know what to do with them, yet.   But I tried.    Hopefully, I will learn and not be so heavy handed with the markers.    I do hope to be able to get a nicer set of alcohol markers.   I know the set I want, but I just have to wait till they are on a really good sale.    I don't like to pay full price for ANYTHING!    I love the word "SALE", don't y'all!    

This is the card I made for my friend.    Friend, if you see this, just know that I love you and am praying for you.
This is one of my favorite stamp sets.    I just love it because it is calming for me to look at.    Now, maybe, my coloring of the stamp isn't very calming, but I really tried hard on it.    I hope at some point in time, my coloring and blending skills will get better.
I love my "clear star jelly roll" Sakura pen.    That is what gives it that little bit of glittery affect.    That is my bling on this card.    It really isn't color, it is just a little shimmer.

This is the inside of the card on the backside of the front, if that makes sense.   Psalm 121 is one of my fav Psalms.    This one in particular has been my "go to" Psalm for many occasions.    I have several of these printed and cut out, ready to be used in my cards.   I use a deckle edged cutter to cut them.    It sort of mimics a rough tear.     Then I ink the edges and splotch up the top of it with my little ink pads.    I try to make it look old and dirty from lots of use.

Well, y'all, that is what I had to share with y'all today.   I do hope you enjoyed looking at it and maybe getting ideas.    If you have a fav brand of alcohol markers, let me know.    If you have any tips on using your markers, I'm open to those also.    I really hope that you come back sometime in the near future and see what else I have going on, one little "fun piece of life" at a time.

As I leave you today, I ask you to read the above scripture, Psalm 121.    I love to read it in various translations.   Where does your help come from?     If it comes from the world, it may or may not be in your best interest.    If your help comes from God, whatever it looks like, it will always be for your best interest.    Whatever God does for us is ALWAYS with our best interests at the forefront.    We will not always get what we ask for.   Praise God!!!     I know there has been times when I have asked for something specific but God gave me something altogether different from what I was praying about, and Praise God, He had my best interest at heart.   Sometimes, we don't know what we need, but God always knows your needs and my needs better than we do.    If your prayers are not answered in the way you had hoped for, just be thankful, and know that God is always watching, He never sleeps or slumbers.    Just keep looking up, my friends, toward the hills, from whence cometh our HELP!     God always hears our cry for help!     God loves you more than you could ever know.     He provided the only WAY for us to have a right relationship with Him, and that is thru Jesus Christ.     My prayer for each and every one of y'all is that you can call Jesus Christ your Savior!

Have a wonderful rest of the day and tell someone that Jesus wants to be their friend.    God loves y'all and so do I!      Hugs and much love, Patty

8 comments:

  1. Very pretty card, Patty. So cheerful. Love the scriptures too. They are always comforting to me. My pastor often says, God may not be the God you WANT him to be, but he will always be the God you NEED him to be.

    Thanks so much for your lovely comment on my blog. Your words were so sweet. You made my day. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jani! I agree whole heartedly with your pastor! hugs, Patty

      Delete
  2. Beautiful Card and I am sure it will give some peace of mind to the one receiving it! *Hugs*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Alicia, for your support of all I do. I really appreciate it. Hugs and much love, Patty

      Delete
  3. Been browsing for some nice condolence card messages or just any words to uplift and comfort people who are downhearted. I felt happy to have found this inspirational page of yours. These words are very nice. Thanks and keep sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your nice words of encouragement. I appreciate all encouragement and I'm happy you found my place. Come back often. Thanks, Patty

      Delete