Thursday, April 10, 2014

New Project

Good morning folks!   It is an awesome and beautiful morning, here in my neck of the woods!   I pray that it is where where ever y'all are!    If it's not beautiful outside, just hang on, a few days can make a big difference.   Now, for me, with all the beauty on the outside at this particular time, my allergies are kicking up and I'm not enjoying that too much.   I just pray that it doesn't get me completely down.

Anyway, I have been telling y'all that I am behind on getting projects posted, so I thought I would get one up that I done here back.   I think I have mentioned that I want to start a nice collection of alcohol ink markers.   Well, I love Crafters Companion and placed an order a while back for a sample kit.   This kit makes a lovely tag.   In the kit you get two of the new style Spectrum Noir Alcohol Markers with dual tips.   If you haven't tried these and you want to, just click on the website in my list on the left hand side and you can look for it in "what's new".    It is only $3.95 with free shipping.   Well worth the price!!!!   So, I got it a month or so ago and got my tag made.   I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the markers!!!  Here are a few pics I took.
The above pic is of everything that came in the kit.  I forgot to take the pic "before" I colored my butterflies.   Oh well, hahaha.
This is the finished tag.   Now, I'm not the greatest at blending yet, and probably won't ever be, but I'm gonna keep trying anyway.   You color one butterfly and leave it flat and then you color the other butterfly and trim it out and then glue the bottom of one body to the top of the other body and let that dry and then bend up the top wings a little to give a little dimension to the butterfly. 
This is just a little close up of the butterfly.  You can't see the dimension in this shot at all.
Now the above shot is of the ribbon.   If you remember in the very top pic, the ribbon was white.   This is where I took the chisel tip of the markers and colored the pieces of ribbon with the markers.   If I do this again, I will color the ribbon from the back side instead of the front side.  The blue done very well.  The darker the color, the less alcohol is in the ink itself, so it went on really nicely.   The yellow went on really well also.   But, being new to alcohol markers, and not having an understanding of them, I colored the ribbon yellow from the front side and with the higher alcohol content in the yellow, due to it being a lighter color , the black dots started streaking.   That is TOTALLY MY fault!!!   I didn't know what I was doing.   DO NOT hear me blaming Spectrum Noir!!!   I have a whole more to learn about these markers and what I have seen so far, I LOVE THEM!! 
This is the two markers that came with the tag.   I am so thrilled with them, that I have decided to purchase a few of the starter six pack markers.   I had four 50% off coupons a couple of weeks ago and went to Joann's and got the first four sets of my collection.   The ones at Joann's are of the older generation, they are four sided instead of eight sided.   But, I still love them.   I hope to be able to develop my blending and shading skills.

As I leave you this morning, I leave you with a favorite passage of mine.  1 Peter 2:24 says "He Himself bore our sins in His body on the tree, that we might die to sin and live to righteousness. By His wounds (stripes) you have been healed."

We are going into the Easter season.   Our cantata is this coming Sunday morning on Palm Sunday.   When I read the Scripture above, it is a reminder that Jesus Christ has done for me what no other human on the planet could do for me.   He took my sins upon His body.   The stripes of pain that He bore on His body was what healed and cleansed me completely.  Jesus took the punishment for my sins so that I could be in a right relationship with God the Father.   We think about the cross and the tomb a lot of times when we think about what Jesus Christ has done for us.   Look up at the cross!   Jesus is not there!   Look in the tomb!   Jesus is not there!   HE IS RISEN!!!!   HE'S ALIVE!!!!  HE'S ALIVE!!!!   Praise the Lord, Hallelujah, HE"S ALIVE!!!!

I hope and pray that is the song of you heart and soul today!  He's Alive!!!!   I hope and pray that you know the healing and cleansing power of Jesus Christ.   If you don't, there's no time like the present.   Ask Jesus Christ to come into heart and life and to heal, cleanse, forgive you of all the past junk and live from this day forward with Jesus Christ at the front of everything you do.  It isn't easy to be  follower of the Way, but it is very rewarding.  The early Christians were called "Followers of the Way".   Jesus Christ is the "Way", the "Truth" and the "Life"!  And no one comes to the Father, except thru the "WAY!"

Have a wonderful rest of the day Y'all!   I'm happy you came to see me today and I hope you enjoyed your visit.   If you did, tell someone about it.

Ladybug, I hope you have a wonderful day today!  Sweet pea loves you and misses you!

God loves y'all, and so do I.  hugs and much love, Patty

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous butterfly! I keep forgetting to buy those markers, my copics have been neglected but I still love coloring. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ceci! I appreciate your comment and also you visiting my blog. I am not very good at coloring with the markers and don't know if I ever will be. Thanks again. hugs, patty

      Delete