Monday, June 23, 2014

Another Monday

Good evening everyone.    Did y'all have a great weekend?    I sure pray that you did.    I know I did.    Praises to God!!!    My husband had the weekend off and that always makes for a great weekend for us.    Just knowing that he gets to rest is a real blessing for me.     We had made plans early on in the week to make a run up to Ky for a while.    One of my cousins came down from Ohio and spent a long weekend with my Mom and we was planning on visiting so I could see both of them for a bit.    But, they surprised me by coming on down on Saturday and visiting with me and we ate breakfast at Shoney's and then went shopping.    My honey was nice enough to let us have a girls morning out and he also got to have some time for himself.   We hit three or four of the favorite shopping haunts.    Shopping has just got to be one of my favorite words y'all!      The only word better than "shopping" is "sale".     Yeah!!!      We had a great time dining, laughing, and shopping!    It's even better when you're with people you love, it's hard to get any better than that.  

Then Sunday was a great day!     We had Sunday morning services at church and then some afternoon activities.     One of the afternoon activities was to go upon the grounds where our new church building is in progress.     One of the guys on the building committee had cleared it with the contractors for him to show us the progress on the grounds.    It is really exciting to see the dream come to fruition.  We pray for God to be glorified in all we do, now and in the future.    It's not our building, it's God's.    I just pray that everything we do will be pleasing to God.   It was great to go up on the property and walk around and see what is happening.   It seems like it is happening fast, that's a good thing.    I took a few pics.     I had also taken a few pics on Saturday afternoon when hubby and I drove up the road to see what was happening.   We pulled over to the opposite side of the road in a parking lot and took pics.    I wanted to share one or two with y'all.
This is the picture I took on Saturday afternoon.    This was taken with my cell phone.   What I love is the steeple already on the top!    It is  a lovely steeple!
This is one the pics made on Sunday afternoon.     I got a better shot of the steeple.    I love it!!!
This is a shot looking back through what will be the sanctuary.    That is my pastor at the back there looking out over the grounds and taking in what is being done and praying for God's will to be done in this new building.    He is standing in the area back behind the back of the sanctuary.   I think he is standing where the baptistry will be, I'm not really sure.

The projected date for the contractors to be done is November 6th.    It is an exciting time and I do pray that God will use this body of believers to further His kingdom. 

Psalms 25:9 says, "He leads the humble in what is right, and teaches the humble His way."

My prayer for us as we look to the future and entering into our new building is that we will enter the new building with a humble heart.    Knowing that it does not belong to us, but God.    I pray that God will lead us and direct us in His ways.    I pray that we are humble enough to be taught by God.    It is easy to forget sometimes that God always has our best interests at heart.    The world is always playing a tug of war with us.    There are so many things that can occupy our thoughts and our minds to the point that we leave God out.    I just pray that we will humble ourselves before the Lord God Almighty, and and allow Him to teach us His ways.    I pray for God's blessings on us as we go forward  in the coming days.  

In the mean time, I pray for God to be able to use each and every one of us right where we are now.    And He is.    Let us never grow weary in serving God, right where we are.    Does someone around you need to have a big dose of hope?   God is the source of our hope, through Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior.

I pray for God to bless each and every one of y'all with a wonderful night of rest and that you will remember to thank God for this wonderful day before you close your eyes in sleep.

Ladybug, sweetpea loves you and keeps you close in prayer.   God bless you in the days to come.

I pray that y'all will come back to visit with me again real soon.   If you seen something here that you enjoyed, share it with someone.   God bless y'all.
God loves y'all and so do I.    hugs, Patty    

2 comments:

  1. This is exciting to see! God's Glory is shining through that steeple!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen Sister!!!! It is such an awesome sight to drive by there and see the steeple and know that God goes before us and is already making a difference it the lives of those who see the steeple. I pray that it is a welcoming invitation to those who are hurting and need hope, that when they drive by and see the steeple, that they will cry out to God. We all know there's no power in the steeple, but in the One the steeple points to. I pray for God's will to be done in our midst. Thanks Maraline. hugs, Patty

      Delete